N. Korea Sends Workers Without Protective Gear into Punggye-ri Site

In early September, North Korea tested a nuclear bomb, whose power of TNT is about a quarter of a megaton.

Experts believe that the North’s move to send the workers into the tunnel could be related to preparations for another nuclear test as well as collecting test data.

The US Geological Service put the magnitude of the resulting natural disaster at 6.3, and the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty Organisation (CTBTO) and Norwegian agency NORSAR had raised their initial figures to 6.1.

A more powerful natural disaster the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization estimated to be of a 5.8 magnitude, but later revised to 6.1, is evidence the bomb could have unleashed as much as 250 kilotons of energy, significantly more than the previously estimated 100-120 kilotons. “This explosive power is high is also close to what 38 North had previously determined as the maximum capacity of the test site of Punggye-ri”, says the site.

Governmental estimates of the yield vary from South Korea’s 50 kilotons to Japan’s 160.

Us officials have indicated that they continued to attempt to verify if it was a H-bomb, indicating that at this stage, ” the statement of north korea, according to which it was a hydrogen bomb is not inconsistent “.

The most recent satellite images of North Korea’s nuclear site taken Friday show a greater number of surface disturbances following Pyongyang’s sixth nuclear test than previous tests at Punggye-ri, USA analysts say.

“Onsite work could now be changing focus to further prepare those other portals for future underground nuclear testing”, it said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *