And while the incident itself is serious, Carter assured fans that even though he had suffered a broken nose and a few other injuries, he is on the road to recovery.
Reports of the 29-year-old singer’s erratic behaviour began when he took to Twitter to inform his followers that he had been in a auto accident and wrecked his BMW.
Cops visited the property for a third time in the early hours of Wednesday morning after they received another call about Aaron allegedly threatening to harm his family.
A St. Petersburg Police Department spokesperson tells PEOPLE that Carter was not arrested or taken into custody.
The caller alleged that Carter, 29, had been on a drug and alcohol binge and was “trying to buy a gun for the last couple of weeks”. The caller claimed Carter needed a psychiatric evaluation, according to PEOPLE.
Police returned to Carter’s home at about 2:12 p.m. that same day, after a caller claimed he’d refused medical attention following a auto accident earlier. The singer also revealed that he had totaled his auto in the accident, but luckily, his representatives had confirmed that no one involved was seriously injured.
The accident was “severe”, he said, but “nothing compares to what happened today”. Carter also revealed that his “arms hurt my legs hurt all my airbags went off I broke my nose”.
The brother of Backstreet Boys singer Nick Carter tweeted about the accident, but did not reveal the details.
At around 2 p.m. that same day, officers rushed to the “I Want Candy” hitmaker’s apartment for the second time. The documents also state then when police arrived to Carter’s house there was no answer at the door but there was a vehicle out front and window blinds on the house were open.
The documents also stated there was “no odor and no signs of distress” and everything appeared to be “OK”. Moreover, Carter’s rep has said that “Aaron is fine and preparing for his performance in Memphis Saturday night and in NY on Tuesday”.