Sydney Salon Owner Dies After Botched Breast Surgery

Her charges are now expected to be upgraded following the victim’s death.

Police allege the 33-year-old “allegedly performed a medical procedure” on the 35-year-old, understood to have been a botched breast surgery.

It turns out that the customer in question was in fact the owner of the Chippendale salon, Jean Huang, and the woman who has been charged was Jie Shao, a tourist from China with no Australian medical qualifications.

According to court documents, Shao administred lidocaine, an anaesthetic, as well as an “intoxicating substance”, the drug tramadol, into Ms Huang’s chest.

Huang died on Friday in the hospital, and Shao was arrested by police on charges of using poison to endanger life and inflicting reckless grievous bodily harm. The 35-year-old reportedly went into cardiac arrest during the plastic surgery procedure at the establishment. The Crown prosecutor said on Thursday that if Huang did not survive, Shao could face more serious charges. The Daily Telegraph, meanwhile, reports that Shao’s lawyer claimed her client had medicine in China and the United Kingdom and had spent five years studying dermatology.

Ms Huang is still in unconscious and in a critical condition. Magistrate Sharon Freund denied her bail application, calling her “clearly a flight risk and risk to the community”.

The court heard Shao has made some admissions in relation to administering local anaesthetic and breast fillers, despite not being a licensed medical practitioner in Australia.

“In my view it’s a very strong prosecution case and in the event that she’s convicted”. She will reappear in court next week.

The Medi Beauty performs non-surgical facelifts, fat freezing and anti-wrinkle injections.

Their Facebook page indicates the Sydney branch only opened in May, in Central Park Mall on Sydney’s busy Broadway. “This includes procedures such as lasers, fillers and anti-wrinkle treatments”, said Professor Mark Ashton, President of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons.

Professor Mark Ashton, president of The Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons, said in a statement: “We can not emphasise enough the importance of people being aware of the risks and doing their research into the qualifications of their practitioner and facility where their procedure is being conducted”.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *